The SewerSerpent is the fastest way to detect leaks and access immediate, on-site diagnosis of sewer pipelines from sewer laterals to sewer mains.
Using safe, Extra-low voltage (ELV) electric signals, SewerSerpent™ detects leaks in pipelines using sophisticated software to detect ELV signals.
- Accurately locates leaks in drains and laterals.
- Seeks out leak locations for further inspection.
- Uses sophisticated scanning and software technology.
- Measures changes in ELV signals due to cracks, corrosion, joint and connection defects.
- Works in any type of non-conductive pipe (PVC, resin, concrete, vitrified clay, terra-cotta, asbestos cement)
- Data captured fast and efficiently for onsite analysis.
- Precisely identifies location of the defect within 200 mm.
- Operator interpretation not required.
- Data stored in Serpent Control Unit for download.
- Transportable, robust, measureable, leak detection system.
- Faster more accurate detection of defects than alternative systems.
- Cost effective management of sewer assets.
- Minimal training required
SewerSerpent™ technology is based on original hardware and software development now subject to Australian patent applications.
SewerSerpent™ uses sophisticated software for analysis and detection of safe, Extra-low voltage (ELV) electric signals that are transmitted by the scan head. These signal meet International Electrotechnical Commission requirements for Extra-low Voltage. The electrical potential of any conductor against earth (ground) is not more than either 25 volts RMS (35 volts peak) for alternating current, or ripple-free 60 volts for direct current under dry conditions.
When the ELV signal change, due to a defect in the sewer pipe, the change is detected by the sensitive electronics in SewerSerpent™ and amplified for presentation to the operator.
The easy to read display on the SewerSerpent™ cable identifies the location of the leak site as distance from the inspection point and indicates the size of the leak on the vertical axis of the display.
Operation of the SewerSerpent™ is very simple and it enables objective and rapid detection of all sewer pipeline leaks.
All data from the SewerSerpent™ scan is stored in the cable reel electronics unit and is available for download in common formats.